Travelling can be a passion for various people. For those of us who enjoy meeting people, make friends and learn new stuff, surely travelling can be the best way to do it. Visiting places give you a chance to become a versatile human being. You can accumulate so many memories and cherish it for as long as you live, with a smile on your face. Travelling lets you gain experience that you cannot ever imagine to attain sitting at home.
- Culture- There is so much to explore in the world that might not be possible in a single lifetime. When you travel, it gives you a chance to know and understand various cultures. Every culture is different in one or the other way. Learning and knowing about each is like a revelation in itself.
- Meet and greet people- Meeting people from different parts of the world can be exciting. Meeting them, talking to them helps us understand the diversity. As you go, make friends and stay in touch. You will even cherish the ones who helped you find directions while on your way.
- Learn a new language- Learning a new language, feels like a great achievement in itself. Now imagine interacting fluently in the same language with the natives. When you travel often you tend to pick up languages from all over the world. When you are in a different country, communication becomes a challenge. So learning their language is an achievement and makes your life easier as well.
- Broadens perspective- We humans tend to create our own mindsets about a certain set of people without really knowing them. Travelling changes and broadens that perspective. You tend to know people for what they are and not just by assumptions. Cultural differences and word of mouth has caused a lot of wrong mind sets. Travelling on the other hand helps you know various cultures and people and broadens perspective.
- Make adjustments- Travelling forces you to make adjustments with your daily habits, whether it be eating or sleeping. You try everything starting from motels, hotels and apartments. If you are staying at one place for long holiday apartments are a good deal since, they are cheaper for longer stays.
- New Experience- While you are on a globe-trotting mission, you face new challenges every day. Learn to communicate with people of different languages not knowing their language. You get to experience various cuisines and understand them too. There is individuality in each and every country’s art and history that you get to experience. This even helps increase your knowledge bank to a limit where you are even able to distinguish between various architectures.
- Feeling of achievement- When you have spent so much time across the globe. You have experienced and achieved a lot that you had not even dreamt of. There must have been a series of firsts. A first mountain climb, a first stay at a roadside, dingy motel, tried your hands on cooking for the first time. This brings about a feeling of accomplishment and independence.
Travelling gives you an experience of a lifetime, exposes you to walk through everything you can ever dream of. Wander in the woods, climb the mountains or cross a river. Stay in a shed, in a village or rent some beautiful Edinburgh holiday apartments. Go ahead, travel and experience the world to the fullest.